The Minnesota Academy of Audiology (MAA)is currently seeking a motivated and reliable individual to serve as MAA’s Administrator. This position offers the opportunity to not only learn more about the process of MAA’s role in being hearing and balance advocates, but to also take an active role in that process. The ideal candidate will be highly competent in prioritizing tasks and working independently.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Monitor day-to-day workings of MAA via e-mail and mail
- Assist the Board of Directors (BOD) and committee chairs with needs, including answering questions posed by BOD members and committee chairs via email, running errands related to the annual conference, and other duties as assigned
- Attend all BOD meetings (typically 6/year) and ensure accurate record-keeping which involves creating meeting agendas, taking meeting minutes, and collecting votes
- Assist with maintenance of MAA website
- Prepare for and assist in annual events such as the Upper Midwest Audiology Conference and the Minnesota State Fair
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities, especially via electronic communication
- Excellent organizational skills
- Familiarity with cloud-based platforms for documents, spreadsheets, and conference calls/video conferencing (i.e., Google Drive, Hangouts, Sheets, Docs)
- Reliable transportation (to and from PO Box in Roseville)
- Internet access
- Proven experience as an administrator or in another relevant role
This is a paid, part-time position and hours vary by month. Estimated time commitment is 6-8 hours per month. Additional time is expected when BOD meetings are held, in the months leading up to the Upper Midwest Audiology Conference. Attendance is expected at the annual Upper Midwest Audiology Conference (UMAC) which is typically held in January or February.
The annual commitment of the Administrator was approximately 190 hours/year in 2018, with 40% of total hours submitted around the time of the annual conference.
If you are interested in becoming part of the MAA in a rewarding way, you may apply for the Administrator position by sending a cover letter and resume to MAA President, Dr. Rebecca Younk, at email@example.com.
Applications must be received by midnight on Friday, May 17, 2019 to be considered.