Consider the following benefits of membership:
- Lobbyist for Minnesota Audiologists
will have a voice as an MAA member at the state level, by influencing
the focus of the MAA lobbyist. Also, members are called to action when
grassroots efforts are needed.
- Continuing Education Opportunities
get reduced rates for CE events, and MAA offers many hours of
continuing education, as well as ABA Tier 1 hours. The Upper Midwest
Audiology Conference offers CEUs, and a collaborative effort with the
Minnesota Department of Health.
- Website for Audiologists and Members of the Public
have the option to be listed on the website for consumers to use when
searching for providers. Additionally, members can be included in a
members-only directory which is available once logged into the website.
- Minnesota State Fair Hearing Screenings
Members get first choice of time slots for this excellent marketing and audiology awareness opportunity!
- Newsletter for Members-only
has gone green; all newsletters are featured online to support
information sharing among all members! Newsletter is published three
times per year. Previous newsletters are archived for access at any
- Election of Dedicated Board Members
Fellow members have the right to vote for your audiology voice in Minnesota.
- Student Mentorship Program
is a relatively new endeavor by MAA, in which the program pairs
experienced audiologists with Au.D. students beyond the typical
- Unifying Venue for all Audiologists in Minnesota
We can accomplish SO much by organizing!
- Scholarship for Hard-of-Hearing High School Seniors
may nominate a student for a college scholarship. To date, MAA has
awarded thousands of dollars in educational support to students with
hearing loss from Minnesota.
- Social Media Platforms
are encouraged to actively participate on social media platforms like
Facebook (Minnesota Academy of Audiology) and Twitter (@MNAudiology).
- Opportunities to be involved! We would love to hear from you!
all our committee meetings are held via teleconference, to allow for
greater convenience for audiologists outside the metro area.