Consider the following benefits of membership:
- Lobbyist for Minnesota Audiologists
You will have a voice as an MAA member at the state level, by influencing the focus of the MAA lobbyist. Also, members are called to action when grassroots efforts are needed.
- Continuing Education Opportunities
Members get reduced rates for CE events, and MAA offers many hours of continuing education, as well as ABA Tier 1 hours. The Upper Midwest Audiology Conference offers CEUs, and a collaborative effort with the Minnesota Department of Health.
- Website for Audiologists and Members of the Public
Members have the option to be listed on the website for consumers to use when searching for providers. Additionally, members can be included in a members-only directory which is available once logged into the website.
- Minnesota State Fair Hearing Screenings
Members get first choice of time slots for this excellent marketing and audiology awareness opportunity!
- Quarterly Newsletter for Members-only
MAA has gone green; all newsletters are featured online to support information sharing among all members! Previous newsletters are archived for access at any time.
- Election of Dedicated Board Members
Fellow members have the right to vote for your audiology voice in Minnesota.
- Student Mentorship Program
This is a relatively new endeavor by MAA, in which the program pairs experienced audiologists with Au.D. students beyond the typical practicum.
- Unifying Venue for all Audiologists in Minnesota
We can accomplish SO much by organizing!
- Scholarship for Hard-of-Hearing High School Seniors
Members may nominate a student for a college scholarship. To date, MAA has awarded thousands of dollars in educational support to students with hearing loss from Minnesota.
- Social Media Platforms
Members are encouraged to actively participate on social media platforms like Facebook (Minnesota Academy of Audiology) and Twitter (@MNAudiology).
- Opportunities to be involved! We would love to hear from you!
Nearly all our committee meetings are held via teleconference, to allow for greater convenience for audiologists outside the metro area.